Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Zoo

Our family went to the Oklahoma City Zoo on St. Patrick's Day! It was a gorgeous day, and everyone decided to enjoy the zoo that day; everyone in their green shirts!

Not sure why I've never realized this before, but the zoo is also site of the Botanical Gardens for OKC! It was a beautiful place to spend time!

Sam thought he needed Cotton Candy. Two summers ago, when Grandma Boger took us to the Denver Zoo, she bought Sam Cotton Candy. That experience is engraved in his mind and has become a zoo must!

The zoo was also hosting a dinosaur exhibit called Dinosaurs Unearthed. The boys liked the display. I thought it was okay, but I'd much rather go see the Museum of Natural History on the University of Oklahoma campus in Norman. We went there for Sam's 5th birthday and that was spectacular!


Another bright spot for the day was when I ran into some college friends of mine that live in Great Bend, KS, and were vacationing in OKC! What fun!

No comments: