I love it.This is a picture of my grandpa, Leonard Carl Harms. He passed away in 2005. As you can probably guess, he was a life long farmer, having lived and worked on a farm about 14 miles north of Dodge City in Western Kansas.
I won't begin to acknowledge him here as he deserves. Rather, it is more just a post to acknowledge that I have taken a little journey down memory lane. These are wonderful memories and they make me smile. I miss sitting and talking with him. There was a vast world of knowledge and lived history in his words when we talked. Western Kansas holds a lot of U.S. History, and my grandpa's generation experienced their share of it; his and his parents' generation too.
It is too bad, that grandparents aren't living our entire adult lives to learn from. I'd really love to go for a visit and learn some more from him this evening.
1 comment:
That's a fantastic picture artistically speaking too. I love the weathered look of both subjects.
Post a Comment