The city crews are most efficient. Our cul-de-sac is still snow packed and Russ is driving the van around for front wheel drive, but the streets are plowed and we can drive on them. Only once yesterday did I feel I might slide ever so gently right into a drift. I am reminded of growing up in Colorado; shoveling and such. We meet quite a few neighbors while we are all out shoveling our driveways. They threaten teasingly that we brought all this snow with us, but we remind them of where we are from and then they laugh. Although, Corn has had more snow this winter also. We are told this winter is unusual. That is good though. I haven't seen 19 inches of snow at one time since the Colorado blizzard of 1997; in which there were feet of snow.


I loved that Sam had a snow day on Wednesday. This week's storm was different than last in that the wind didn't blow so hard. We still had drifting, but we could get outside and play. I am aware of how fun my job is that I can bundle up with my children, we can play around, and then come in at our leisure and warm up with hot chocolate. Not everyone has it that way, and we are reminded of farmers, ranchers, emergency workers and others that work out in all the elemental extremes. I am so thankful for many things, and am grateful for their hard work.Here are several pictures from our play time in the back yard.
The snow actually hides the pile of junk that exploded in our back yard that we've done nothing with since the day we unloaded. ugh. We need a shed most desperately. I think we have every season represented in that pile.
The snow was deep enough I could do the "Nestea" plunge straight back into it with total comfort. I haven't made a now angel in years!


Besides the snow angel, this was my favorite moment...sitting in the snow with my boys. We were all so comfortable and cushioned here. Great time for a chat.
Most of the snow in the yard came up to just below my knees, but the drifts were to my upper thighs. We challenged ourselves to run in them. And Sam and Dellen pretended they were on the planet of Hoth from Empire Strikes Back.Well, enough about our snow play day. We are having fun, and enjoying the different seasons!
1 comment:
such fun! glad you still have such a positive attitude about the snow!
Post a Comment