We are celebrating our engagement anniversary again this 10th of February. I was very leery of Valentine's Day during those years, and while I knew a proposal was likely coming soon, had requested no shared holidays (Valentine's Day and my birthday which was approaching just after). As a result, Russ completely surprised me on the 10th.
At that time, thirteen years ago, he was living in Denver and in his first year of seminary. I was working four 10 hour days in Denver. We had been dating just over four months and would get together on Tuesdays for Bible Study, lunch, and other fun outings. At the end of our lunch, Russ proposed. I'm not going to go into all the details here again, but on the following February 10th, we both had prepared for the same meal. As a result, we had twice as many brownies and Pepsi. And thus is how our February 10th engagement anniversary tradition began; mac-n-cheese, hotdogs, brownies and Pepsi. We are hardly impressed with the meal these days, although the boys love it. I mainly love the brownies and Pepsi. It is tremendously special to us. Russ took great pleasure in retelling the story to Sam and Dellen this morning at breakfast. He is starting to ad lib too many details of how I acted, so I am going to have to keep an eye on him from here on out.
Love you Russ! Glad I can journey with you.
2 comments:
Very sweet! Matthew surprised me with a rose bush yesterday. It reminds us of the rose gardens we visited on our honeymoon and will last a lot longer than cut flowers!
happy anniversary!
Post a Comment