Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow!!!!

Woke up to a beautiful white blanket of snow. Russ and I eagerly watched the school closings in hope of snow day, even though our schedules are full. Several surrounding towns closed, but the Newton schools must feel pretty secure in their transportation, even with 5-6 inches of snow on the ground. It really is quite manageable though, just feeling the transition to our new state, as I'm pretty sure we would have had no school if we were in Corn and Weatherford.

Here is our new home. It looks so peaceful and clean from the outside. Total chaos awaits on the inside though. The garage is full of boxes (a few seen here) and so both our cars were buried under snow this morning.
How I wished Sam could have been home to play in the snow and enjoy hot chocolate with Dellen and I this morning! We'll have to have a repeat after school today.

How we long for a fireplace! We ended up buying a house with no fireplace; one of only two we saw without one when we were house hunting. The other fifteen or so houses all had them. We could smell every one's fireplaces this morning, and were so envious.
We tried to leave plenty of clean snow for Sam for when the boys go back out later. Isn't that the best part of freshly fallen snow? To make your own trails on a fresh canvas. Dellen also enjoyed a snow cone this morning. Lucky little guy had pop at 8:00 in the morning, after telling me that is how Miss Karla makes it for his best little friend Karson.
There are also lots of birds here. We are enjoying all the Canadian geese. I wish I had a picture of the flocks sitting on the frozen creeks and ponds that are in the area.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love your new house! It's very pretty!

Anonymous said...

When geese are flying in a "V" you know why on side is longer, right? ... because there are more geese on that side!

Anonymous said...

*one