Thursday, July 9, 2009

June travels to Hillsboro, KS

In mid-June, our family went to Hillsboro, KS, Russ' hometown. The boys and I enjoyed a week with Gramps and Grams, while Russ directed Junior Camp at Tabor College. There were about 250 4th - 6th grade campers, plus another 60 or so counselors and staff.

An added bonus to our week in Hillsboro was that Russ' sister Lori, and her two children, Elliot and Sophie, were there. This visit was our first to meet Sophie who was born in December last year. She is precious. And all the cousins had a grand time playing together. We always appreciate the special touches that Mom and Dad put into our times together. It was a fun week!

I am very tardy in being able to post about this week in Hillsboro. And before I give up entirely, here are a few pictures that highlight some special moments together. For a much better telling of the Hillsboro time, you may want to check out Lori's blog at http://realquicke.blogspot.com/ .

There were lawnmower rides with Gramps! Everyone loved Sophie. The boys would argue over who got to sit by her at the dinner table.Russ gave each of the children camp shirts; very adorable! Thanks Daddy/Uncle Russ! We swam daily at the Hillsboro pool. Sam had private swimming lessons with Ms. Chelsea Monday through Friday. I love this pool, and am missing it greatly!Dellen and Elliot were little twins into mischief all week. They had so much fun together! Sam tried to be their leader for a few days, but the younger boys would have none of it...poor Sam.Mom, Lori, myself and the children had a day outing to nearby Lindsborg, home of Bethany College where I attended. We enjoyed a day shopping in this quaint Swedish town and eating its pastries and other scrumptious sandwiches.We enjoyed visiting Russ on campus on the water games night, and the boys rode the golf cart and played some in the water. I was also able to visit some college girlfriends of mine while in Kansas and that was a special part of the week too.



2 comments:

Carina said...

I can see Russ in his mom's eyes. It's funny how that happens.

Looks like you guys had a great time. Nothing like cousins to make vacations great!

the Quickes! said...

We had so much fun with you! Today Elliot said he wanted to go play with Sam and Dellen. Uh, that's a little difficult, sweetie. Wish we could!!