Saturday, January 17, 2009

Germs and Illnesses!

Needing to complain for a moment, so here I go!

Can I just mention that I am sick and tired of being sick and tired?

Our house is germ infested! For the last six weeks at least, our immune systems have all been down and we've been struggling to get well again. Between the four of us, we've had severe tonsillitis, ear infections, head colds, stomach flus, impetigo (a bacterial skin infection as a result of a head cold), and I think I'm recovering from influenza! The achiness has been horrible!

To name some bright spots, we manage to not all get sick at the same time. The worst has been three of the four; usually two kids and one parent. Both a blessing and a nightmare for the one parent left to manage everything! Russ has helped a lot these last two days! Another bright spot, was that we did enjoy the Christmas Holiday with health and happiness!

I went through the house yesterday, spraying Lysol on light switches, door handles, toilets and faucets, phones, remote controls, chairs, you name it! I'm OCD on everyone washing their hands when they come in the door these days so we don't bring in another germ!

I did manage to finish Seventh Day this week while laying in bed! And I saw Russ do more reading last month while he was sick than I'd ever witnessed in our life! Maybe not quite fair!

So, we long for warmer weather and healthier times!

1 comment:

MaggieBrown said...

None of the books we read when we were pregnant said "warning = small children make excellent germ transportation vehicles - be prepared to be sick for the next 10 years!
But there is an alternative = teach your kids how to not get and give germs with the Germy Wormy Germ Awareness program.

http://www.germywormy.com

The white blood cells you save could be your own!