Sam and I have spent the last two weeks reading Little Pilgrim's Progress from John Bunyan's classic by Helen Taylor. We've had so much fun going along on the character's journeys to get to the King in the Celestial City. It has been scary at times, and yet a wonderful and thought provoking book! It has been special to visit with Sam and Dellen (although, it was too much with too few pictures for him) about the parallels between Christian's journey and our own in this life with God. We finished it today before naptime with such elation and yet sadness to be through it.
Meanwhile, I've been trying to really dig into Seventh Day by Bodie and Brock Thoene, a historical fiction novel in the A.D. Chronicles relating events in Jesus' years on earth. I've loved this series, but have really struggled to get into this book. I've had it checked out since October. I'm on a role now though, and imagine I will finish it within the next two weeks with a little diligence.
And so it is no wonder why my Christmas decorations are still up, and my to do lists keeps getting longer. Thing is, reading is part of that other list of being disciplined in other areas of my life - right? Why is it so hard to be well balanced?!
1 comment:
Balance is a myth, and the harder you chase it, the more impossible it will be.
Just enjoy each day for the gift it is and don't worry about the things you didn't get done.
Post a Comment