Since returning from Colorado, we have filled many a day in June with swimming, baseball and visitors (friends traveling through from Arkansas to Colorado, Carmen and Abby from Corn, and Papa and Mema). We are also enjoying fresh garden goodies on our table. Russ directed Junior Camp at Tabor College and the boys like visiting Daddy there, driving the golf cart and playing miniature golf.
When Dad is not away at camp, the boys want him to teach them how to grill and mow the yard. One good pass seems to satisfy their enthusiasm for the latter.
Here are some pictures from our time with Abby. It hadn’t turned so terribly hot yet and we spent some time on the trail at the creek, and of course, in the pool.
I find many little notes around the house, like the ones pictured below. I’ve also taken to having the boys write out many sentences as a consequence for whatever naughty thing that has happened. For example, notes about not sitting on my brother’s head and not biting my brother’s bottom.
And losing teeth! I absolutely adore this precious childhood stage. And this little boy!
Russ and I celebrated our 14th anniversary on the 27th as well. Can it be so? We enjoyed a date out while Papa and Mema watched the boys. I also finished the month running another 5K. It was here locally and felt so terribly hot and hard, but in the end I did better than I anticipated. Russ and the boys kept driving around and showing up along the route and cheering me on. That was great for me and really kept me going! Thanks guys!
We are enjoying summer to the fullest!
2 comments:
You're boys are really growing up. Before we know it, they'll be mowing the lawn all the time, and even running to the grocery store for you. =)
Looks like a fun summer! Your garden goodies look fabulous, too. We just harvested green beans - our cucumbers are flowering but no sign of the cucs themselves yet. Wish we could swim together with you all!
Post a Comment