Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Colorado – Mueller State Park Picnic

Remember the rain I was driving into in New Mexico? I continued on in rain in Southern Colorado, and when I stopped in Trinidad for fuel I could hardly contain my excitement. I love the smell of rain. But the smell of mountain rain – how wonderful! I decided right then that I was on a quest to spend as much time in the mountains as possible this trip. I got to my mom’s and suggested we do a family picnic the next day. Which we did! We packed the cooler, grabbed our cameras and headed up to Mueller State Park. We had a great time! DSC_0371 DSC_0384 DSC_0385 DSC_0386Ryan and AmandaThe boys ventured off with Uncle Ryan and Amanda for a little adventure. I would love to have been with them, but they all kind of took off unbeknownst to this mom. DSC_0394 DSC_0398 DSC_0411 DSC_0418 DSC_0420 DSC_0421 DSC_0391Some views from the Visitor Center. DSC_0422 DSC_0427 DSC_0429 This Ranger has the greatest office view and job! The boys (as did Mom and I) really enjoyed learning all about the local animals. We spent quite a while in the Visitor Center afterwards with lots of hands on activities.DSC_0432This is the view of Pikes Peak from Woodland Park. Russ and I have long had a dream of living in Woodland Park (one of the reasons the nearby fires are sad for us). We seriously think we could manage living in a quaint mountain cabin. When we dream big, we think of having a place of respite for ministry families and others in need of some rest and rejuvenation. Anyhow, one of my favorite views that I’ve experienced in life. DSC_0439

More on our Colorado time to follow.

1 comment:

the Quickes! said...

What a beautiful, beautiful place to be! Love all the pictures, and looks like you and the boys had so much fun with your family!