We have been working in our yard. Luckily, the previous owners had things in pretty good order, but there has still been several items on our agenda. Last week, was our town's city clean up week, so we pushed to have everything trimmed, and leaves raked up and out to the curb for the convenience of the city taking it all away.
We were also able to pick up free mulch from the city. It is not fancy; just plain ol' mulched up tree limbs, etc., but it works for us! And we feel quite resourceful. The boys were good helpers with the mulch one night.


I've planted two honeysuckle plants to climb over our archway that is placed in one of the corners of the backyard. I wanted to try something different. The lady at the nursery said the honeysuckle would attract hummingbirds, and they may even build their nests in the branches. How fun would that be!

This morning, Dellen and I went and shopped for the garden area and planted when we got home. He was a fantastic helper while planting in the wheel-less-barrow that the family before us left. His enthusiasm wained about the same time as mine; he was able to go inside while I pushed on.

We planted: two kinds of tomatoes, green pepper, jalepano pepper (this was suppose to be another green pepper plant - but it is not worth returning), cilantro, onions, romaine lettuce, broccoli, snap peas, canteloup and pumpkins. Again, much too ambitious, but when the little guy was picking out vegetables I went with it. He wanted cantaloupe and broccoli and snap peas, and I thought they sounded good too.
It is always exciting to plan and anticipate the harvest. Hopefully, this year's efforts will be more fruitful than last year.
2 comments:
FUN!! I'm so impressed! I haven't even thought about a garden yet. I feel like our spring is arriving so much later than yours! Hope you're having fun!
It looks like it will be great! Can you send some of those tomatoes this way? I can't grow a tomato to save my life.
Post a Comment