
Tuesday morning, another friend, Mark, came through and brought up Russ' motorcycle that had stayed back in Corn for painting (my Christmas present to Russ). It looks awesome! Finally one color instead of three. Russ and Mark were able to spend the day together and we enjoyed his company that evening.
This week was also Spring break for us, and we spent Wednesday afternoon with Gramps and Grams. Over lunch, Gramps asked me about my last blog entry and the sadness I felt. I assured him I was okay. That night, I was talking to Russ and actually said I couldn't even physically or emotionally grasp that feeling that we walked through in January. I could tangibly sense how far we had come. But a bridge reminder to that would come on Thursday evening when we went to see the Corn Bible Academy choir sing in a nearby town. I was (much to my surprise) overcome with grief and cried again through most of the concert. There were so many friends of ours; and we knew the 40 choir members, and received such love and hugs. We had relationships and history with people, and knew their names! Oh, how I remembered and felt our heartache that night. And couldn't imagine the irony in that I had said what I did the very night before. There is such a fine balance of living what seems like two lives and feeling like it is two different worlds in time. Oh, how I wish we could merge all that we love from the two of them!Friday, found us reunited with yet another dear friend from Corn, Amy, who had gone through the youth group and now serves as a World Impact missionary. We joined her at the zoo. It was a crisp day, but a lovely one nonetheless.







We rounded out the week seeing yet another friend, Ginnie! Blessing upon blessing. And I might mention here, that a few weeks before we had our Corn neighbors stop by one afternoon. Lovely! Dear friends, keep the connections coming. You are all welcome anytime!
2 comments:
Good friends are such a blessing - and remain so even across the miles! :)
God gives us amazing gifts, even when we don't know that we need them.
Post a Comment