Sunday, June 27, 2010

Thinkin' About You

Twelve years ago today, Russ and I were married in Parker, Colorado. We had a lovely ceremony, catered buffet line and a dance. We weren't sure what song was our song, and at the time went with Shania Twain and Bryan White's From This Moment On for our wedding dance.

But almost immediately after our wedding, we realized that if we had a song it would be Trisha Yearwood's Thinkin' About You. That Christmas before, I had hand wrote the lyrics and sent them alone in a letter to him. He had gone home for the holidays and for his sister's wedding. I'll always remember hugging him goodbye before he left. I knew at that moment, standing in the breezeway by my parents front door, that I loved him. (And unfortunately, I now realized that I'd be missing my future sister-in-law's wedding).

Twelve years later, and I am still thinkin' about you Russ! You are a blessing beyond measure to me. I love you!



2 comments:

Carina said...

Congratulations!

We're all glad that you found each other. You're a blessing to all of us here.

the Quickes! said...

Congratulations, guys! We were thinking about you on the 27th. You had a beautiful wedding!