Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer Mohawks

Both boys needed haircuts, and we casually mentioned that Sam could do a Mohawk for week. Before we knew it, he and Dellen really had their hearts set on Mohawks. What more can I say? The pictures below tell the story. We've decided to let the boys keep their new 'dos for awhile. Besides the worry of what people in church will say, the biggest thing I've had to process is saying goodbye to Dellen's beautiful blond hair. As Sam is older, he has already had different and much shorter hair and I know his curls come back. But this haircut is Dellen's first major change. I am finding it a little hard to see him grow up. I really feel how quickly it is all happening. They are adorable boys though and we are having fun together.









4 comments:

Carina said...

Those are two handsome little fellows, mohawks and all!

Lisa said...

I have learned not to worry too much about what the people from church say (although I do understand your position as a pastor's family) because it's really none of their business anyway. If the most controversial thing your kids do is have unique haircuts, I'd say you have succeeded as a decent parent!

Anonymous said...

Those are the coolest little dudes I've ever seen! Love little blondies spikes and big bro's thick bushy hair.

the Quickes! said...

Oh, sweet, sweet Dellen! I can understand how hard it was to let go of that gorgeous blond hair. But they're both still just as gorgeous as ever. They're looking tanned and healthy from that OK summer sun!