Thursday, December 18, 2008

Candle Sales

The fundraising has officially began in our house. Sam had to sell candles for his class fundraiser through the month of November. Poor Sam, neither his mommy nor daddy like to sell things and have taken the approach already that we'd rather just ask the school what their profit margin is and let us pay that for the minimum suggested candles sold. We didn't do that (this year at least), and Sam enjoyed asking a few people. Of course, we called the grandparents whom were all gracious to buy a candle or two. But, by the time Sam was asking others in Corn, they had already bought from someone else. Leads me to wonder how our little small town is suppose to support all these fundraisers; something I have often wondered as we turn multiple kids down after purchasing various products from someone else five minutes before.

All I can say is sorry Sam. If only I had my sister's genes, he'd be in luck! They love fundraising, and my nephew just won top salesperson in his entire school and won a Wii system!

The candles are wonderful though. Locally made in cute jars. I bought "Sleigh Ride" which is a warm and festive Christmas candle. I'm wishing I'd bought more now that we have all the candles on our table to choose from.

1 comment:

Carina said...

We bought two this year, and I love them.

Zaya has to sell a lot of stuff too, and I really don't like asking people to buy things either. I feel your pain. =)

Speaking of pain, I've tagged you for a meme. If you don't know what that means, e-mail me and I'll explain. ;)