We’ve had such a great fun filled July! While it has been incredibly hot, and I just can hardly stand sweating all day and night, we are managing to enjoy ourselves in every possible way, including a lot of swimming. In addition to our pool, the boys loved having swimming lessons in Hillsboro, followed by a weekend with Gramps and Grams and VBS at their church. Russ and I especially loved a weekend to ourselves to reconnect after all his summer travels.
We enjoyed visits with family and friends and Wednesday morning play groups. My mom was here for a couple of way too fast days last week. Our family also just returned from our US Conference of Mennonite Brethren pastors and national conferences in Omaha, NE. We had a fabulous time. I have several pictures and thoughts to put into a separate blog post.
But this week, we are diving into football. Sam has football camp in the evenings. And I have taken on being treasurer for the league, which also puts me as a board member. If I didn’t think football season was busy enough already, I’m about to learn how much more time I’m going to put into it. So, this week, I’ve been helping with registrations and loading bookkeeping programs and doing deposits. A major motivation for doing this was to waive Sam’s registration fee. It is also a wonderful way to dive into a community and get to know people.
And the Olympics!! What fun we are having watching and cheering on these stellar athletes. The games are very inspiring to the boys, and Dellen especially wants to be a part of it all. He is currently asking to start gymnastics.
We start school in two weeks. So while we are still enjoying our summer, there is definitely a feeling of its ending approaching. I don’t think any of us are ready yet, except for the departure of the 100+ degree temps!
1 comment:
Wow, sounds very busy - but fun! Can't believe football is starting already!
Post a Comment