Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Start of a New Year

We are kicking off the year with a lot of fun already. My mom came for a visit over New Year’s. gma g and dellen reading   gma readingWe enjoyed being home and having time to grill a brisket with a homemade rub and mop sauce.brisket The Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs played on New Year’s Day, and our household rivalry was at its best and worst.  bronco chief game3 bronco chief game2
Our first Wednesday evening at church after the break was spent roller skating with Kingdom Kids. It was a fun night. I was reminded that this event a year ago was our first church event after our move. Boy, was I glad to be part of the group this year and not that “new” person to stare at. The boys had a blast, even though they fell a lot and had several bruises the rest of the week. I was glad I was never taken down with them.
Dellen Skating sam skating
And our main man turned 40!! His birthday fell on a Saturday this year, and we enjoyed time with family on Friday night and friends from our Sunday School class on Saturday night (we invited the class over after serving at the Homeless Shelter). Twenty eight of us enjoyed chocolate sheet cake and sweet fellowship.  Children out numbered the adults and it was chaos, but fun chaos. It was so enjoyable, we’ve decided to lead a small group this winter/spring and are inviting young families to participate. 40th bday
So this month of January is already flying by. We anticipate great things this year!

2 comments:

the Quickes! said...

Rollerskating! How fun! Looks like a lot of fun times!

Carina said...

Glad you survived the skating. Tell Russ I like his beard thingy he's got going. =)