We had a fabulous birthday weekend! How is it that my Samuel is nine already? I’m tearing up typing that.
On Saturday, Newton hosted the annual football Warrior Bowl. It was an extremely windy day. Sam’s team played two games, winning their first one (beating a team that was one of their only losses from earlier in the season), and losing their second game to the undefeated top seed. Our team has played well and grown together. While it has been busy for us, the program has been great to be a part of and Sam has loved it and excelled. (I’ll be posting on football soon). I made birthday treats and we handed them out to the team after their last game. Unprompted, Sam’s team sang happy birthday to him which was fun!Sunday was Sam’s actual birthday, and we couldn’t have asked for a more gorgeous day. We had the annual Thanks Fest at church with a big meal and special Thanksgiving offering. When we got home in the afternoon, Sam and Dellen played outside riding bikes and enjoying all sorts of imaginary play that little boys do.
Russ and I were able to find an affordable foosball table on Craigslist and that was our gift to both boys for their birthdays this year. We’ve already put it to good use. Unfortunately, no one wants to play on Mom’s team much. I’ll get better defending that goal though!
Sam wanted cheeseburgers for his birthday meal. And to pose at a certain angle for a picture.
Happy Birthday Sam! Love you and am very proud of you!
1 comment:
What a sweet, handsome, talented boy my nephew is! Love him so much!!
Post a Comment