Monday, April 1, 2013

He is Risen!

On Easter, we drove to Gramps and Grams’ house for Easter dinner and an afternoon together. In my last post, I talked about the special touches my mom has for the holidays. I’m doubly blessed because I have that on Russ’ side of the family as well. His mom is so thoughtful in putting together celebrations and I always anticipate how the table will be set and the colors she will use!DSC_0010And the cake presentation – beautiful. Yummy too. We enjoyed this festive carrot cake. DSC_0003 It was a beautiful day. Much different than Palm Sunday a week ago, when we awoke to howling wind and blowing snow.

The boys enjoyed playing outside and could hardly wait until after we ate lunch so they could hunt Easter eggs. Dad and Mom hid several eggs throughout the yard, and Sam and Dellen had a blast!DSC_0006 DSC_0007 DSC_0008 DSC_0009DSC_0011 DSC_0012 DSC_0013 DSC_0014 DSC_0016 DSC_0017 DSC_0023 DSC_0027 Russ took these pictures of the boys and I adore them.DSC_0029 DSC_0031 DSC_0032 DSC_0040DSC_0041Afterwards, we all headed to the park and enjoyed the rest of a wonderful afternoon together. Blessings indeed!DSC_0054 DSC_0055 DSC_0052 DSC_0053

1 comment:

the Quickes! said...

What a wonderful day! Wish we could've been there with you! You must frame those closeups of the boys!