This fall has been a blur and we didn’t even know when we would carve pumpkins, but did manage to squeeze that in on a beautifully warm Halloween afternoon. The boys are getting pretty good at designing and carving their own pumpkins. Now if they’d only clean out all the insides too. Sam dressed up as Harry Potter, and was quite inventive in putting the costume together. He had been working on a second costume to be a certain Pokémon, but it was starting to involve way too much creating and sewing that it never came together. And who needs two costumes for one day? That would be Sam, who has always enjoyed dress up and is very imaginative and would have been happy with several costume changes throughout the day. Dellen was our stealth ninja and a most serious one at that too.
The boys’ school has a Halloween parade that parents are invited to come and watch. And while I knew that Sam had been learning a dance in gym class, I really wasn’t ready for when all the 4th graders performed to Michael Jackson’s Thriller. It’s a traditional moment for the 4th grader’s to perform, and I realized that was my Sam. Silly, I know, but he will be leaving this sweet elementary school next year. It was a moment of arrival and lasts all wrapped up into one, and I was a little ill prepared for a tear on this festive morning.
With Halloween falling on a Wednesday this year, our church hosted a Trunk-or-Treat event that was a huge success!
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Halloween
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very creative little guys! Love Dellen swinging from that tree. =)
Love the costumes!! Especially Harry Potter! Sam looks so grown up! And that picture of Ninja Dellen in the tree - he looks like the real deal!
Post a Comment