Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Things to Come

Our family went on our second skiing trip last week in Red River, NM. I've been wanting to share all about it, but have also been so saddened to return home late Thursday night and learn early Friday morning of the terrible devastation taking place in Japan. We are off gallivanting around and others are experiencing such heart ache. I'm also still ashamed of the amount of stuff we have! Everyday I work towards a goal, and yet, feel I have so far to go in getting all these boxes unpacked. Due to the time pressure on us during the pre-move stage, I didn't get to go through things like I wished. But let me tell you, I am a weaning out now! The pile that is going to go to the Etc. Shop is growing in the garage!

I will have to focus on an attitude of gratitude in regards to the blessings we have experienced. To be gracious and generous and to hold fast through hardships when they come. Many prayers go out for the people of Japan!

I'll be getting up some pictures of our ski trip. Also, I am starting on a new adventure and am in the middle of some soul searching and preparations to embrace it. More on the latter soon; maybe.

2 comments:

the Quickes! said...

I know what you mean - feeling so sad for the heartache around the world, and so humbled and grateful trying to take care of the blessings we have. And hmm, wonder what that adventure might be...

Anonymous said...

As you begin to embark on your new adventure, just remember to take it one step at a time.