Packing update....or lack thereof.
Everyday, I truly intend to pack a few boxes. I am ashamed of how I am handling my time. I simply do not know where it is going. Well, I do know what happened to thirty minutes of it yesterday when for some odd reason, I decided to change the whole layout of my blog after two years of being perfectly content with how it looked.
I can also claim the activities around two beloved boys' birthdays (Dellen's is on Saturday, and I take cupcakes to his class in the morning) affecting the use of my time.
And the holidays! I usually have all my Christmas gifts bought by October. This year, I am just realizing that Thanksgiving is next week - wow, a week from today - and we are celebrating Christmas with Russ' family. What to do?! Last minute shopping trips and online ordering at its best, that's what. I've also lost my master list of gifts. I have gift lists from years in a trunk, but cannot find the one I keep with my purse for 2010, which is aggravating me immensely. I am only as organized as my list is written.
So, are you ready for today's excuse? I actually carried two boxes in from the garage. We have started a collection from the local nursing home. We will be moving with several adult undergarment boxes. I walked into our pretty front room, plan in tack to pack all my decorative dishes in order to move them separate into Russ' parents home when we go up at Thanksgiving, and basically stalled there for several minutes. How do I begin to pack up this room after eleven and a half years? It is a most convenient room to begin in, and the piles will be nicely out of our everyday living. Thing is, while I know it is time to start packing, I'm not ready to walk around box towers. I am not ready to see the empty surfaces, tables, and bookshelves. I am not ready for the visual reminder of the hard work in front of us every time I walk in the front door. Therefore, I sat down and called my mom. Before long, Dellen was awake from his nap. Sam was home from school. And three additional friends were here for a few hours. Then supper, homework, and piano practice. The afternoon and evening have come and gone, yet again.
No comments:
Post a Comment