Friday, February 6, 2009

Windows and Work

The parsonage is getting new windows! I'm so excited; something we've wanted to happen for a long time. We knew it would be happening this Spring sometime, but our friend showed up this week to begin the project. Little did I comprehend all the work it would entail for me.

The window treatments come down, there is dust everywhere in the rooms, bedding needs washed, furniture is moved and/or covered, floors vacuumed, mopped, etc., then the windows need to be cleaned afterwards. It is so hard to get them looking like they deserve without leaving streaks.

Our cat Hazel sleeps under our bed, and when we moved the bed out, it was so embarrassing to let the couple who is working on the windows see my mess. But seriously, who routinely moves their bed to vacuum under it?! ...Probably everyone but me!

Today, I've gotten smart after a long day of work yesterday, and have prepped the three remaining rooms. Still a lot of work, but maybe it will avoid washing the linens.

I am not a thorough housecleaner, and so I suppose it is good for me to have an occasional must work situation to clean curtains, etc. On a side note, my mom was a housekeeper at the reknown Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, CO, while I was growing up. It is not her fault I don't clean better. She was very particular in how we cleaned - even taught us to dust the lightbulbs! On second thought, I will blame my lack of cleaning enthusiasm on her anyway. Maybe it was overexposure that has made me shy away from those responsibilities in adulthood! Just kidding Mom! It's just nice to be able to put the blame somewhere, right?!

One last whine, it is a noisy process and so our peaceful afternoon naptime has been most unfortunately affected as well.

So I sign off of this post, not exactly chipper about my day ahead. On the flip side though, I will immensely enjoy my new windows and will most likely appreciate clean floors under beds and washed window treatments!

1 comment:

Carina said...

You'll love the new windows! I'm glad they were able to put them in.